AKWA IBOM STATE POLYTECHNIC, IKOT OSURUA
2017/2018 ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE
21th FEBRUARY, 2018
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND
DEPARTMENT OF SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates for admission into the Two-year National Diploma Programme of the Institution.
NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
|I. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
|Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent which must include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other subject from: Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics and Metal Work obtained in not more than two sittings. OR
The National Technical Certificate (NTC) in Electrical Trade with credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subjects from: Technical Drawing, , Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics and Metal Work obtained in not more than two sittings.
|II. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
||Five O/Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two subjects from the following -Chemistry, Biology / Agric Science, Geography, Economics / Commerce, Technical Drawing, Fine Arts.|
To qualify for the screening exercise,
- Candidates must have chosen Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua as their FIRST OR SECOND CHOICE in 2017 UTME
- Candidates must have scored up to the national cut-off point or above.
- Candidates should visit the School’s website http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng , click online Application,then generate an invoice with the following details: i. JAMB Reg Number ii. Phone number and iii. Candidate’s Name
- Candidates should go to the underlisted Banks with their invoice to purchase an electronic application pin for ₦2,500.00 (Inclusive of Bank and other charges).
- Diamond Bank PLC
- United Bank of Africa (UBA) PLC
- Application should thereafter be completed by visiting http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng with the obtained pin to complete the application form with the following steps;
Highlight “Admissions” and select “Application Forms” then select your choice of programme and insert the obtained PIN (Confirmation Order) in the appropriate form to complete the application.
4. All application forms must be filled online on or before Friday 23rd March, 2017 and Candidates should be at the Polytechnic on Saturday 24th March, for the Screening Exercise.
5. Names of recommended candidates for admission will be published online and also sent to JAMB for admission letters.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE:
- Accreditation of candidates for the exercise commences at 8.00am
- Candidates should come with;
- The acknowledgement slip as in 2(c) above
- Photocopies of JAMB slip showing their photographs
- JAMB online result,
- Original copies of credentials
Only bona fide candidates will be screened. Parents, guardians and friends are strongly advised to keep away from the venues of the screening
Dr. (Mrs) Mary Ndah,MNIM